The purposes for which the corporation is organized are to engage in all lawful activities for which corporations may be organized under North Carolina General Statute 55A-7, including, but not limited to the following:
1. To collect and preserve artifacts and other historical materials pertaining to the history, culture and heritage of the Dunn area.
2. To assist and inspire people in the understanding of how the past history of the greater Dunn area influences the present and the future.
3. To provide educational programming and services focused on the history of the Dunn area and people and events that have shaped this history.
4. To develop, own and operate a Dunn Area History Museum for the display of exhibits and artifacts owned and loaned to promote the other purposes of the corporation.
5. To raise funds and administer the same to carry out the non-profit purposes of the corporation, including, but not limited to the operation of the Dunn Area History Museum.
6. To develop additional charitable and educational services in furtherance of the purposes of the corporation.
7. Any other activity not inconsistent herewith.